Professional Picture Framing
Maws Gallery have been Shropshire’s quality picture framers since 1979. They are a friendly family-run business, owned by mother and daughter Joy and Vicky Baker.
With over twenty five years experience and members of the Fine Art Trade Guild, its staff are Guild Commended Framers or trained to this standard. This means they have specialist framing knowledge and work to high standards assuring the protection of your artwork, while achieving a quality and attractive finish. Maws aim to meet your framing needs, whatever they may be, whilst providing value for money.
You may remember the original premises at Maws Craft Centre in Jackfield, but for the past fifteen years Maws Gallery have been operating out of their easy-to-find premises at Tweedale, Madeley.
We have moved!!!
We are excited to let you know we have moved premises.
We are still in the same place just four doors down.
Our new address is Unit B3, Tweedale, Madeley, TF7 4JR
We look forward to welcoming you all to our new workshop and customer reception 😊
Vicky and Joy
Monday 10.00am – 5.00pm
Tuesday 10.00am – 5.00pm
Wednesday 10.00am – 5.00pm
Thursday 10.00am – 1.00pm
Friday 10.00am – 5.00pm
Saturday – By appointment
Sunday – Closed
To make a Saturday appointment please call us on 01952 588855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bespoke Framing, All framing done in our own workshop under the supervision of a Guild Commended Framer.
- Ready Made frames We always have in stock standard ready made frames in 10 patterns and 21 different sizes.
- Ready Cut Mounts We carry a stock of ready cut mounts to fit standard photographic sizes.
- Prints. We carry a selection of prints (many local scenes) ready for framing.
- Needlework lacing and framing
- Canvas stretching
- Conservation framing
- Football shirts
“I have recently had two bespoke pieces made by Maws Gallery, a very large frame with Military Badges and another, slightly smaller, containing medals.
Both projects required a huge amount of planning, thought, innovation and design, as well as great skill and technical experience in order to create the vision I had for both. The most difficult of these was to create a system whereby the medals can be extracted from the frame when required for wear.
Vicky at the Maws Gallery was amazing throughout both projects. She paid close attention to the brief and brought my vision to life, producing a final product of the highest professional quality. Her communication was excellent throughout, contacting me with suggestions and improvements when required.
I highly recommend Maws Gallery and Vicky for any bespoke projects you may have, she is wonderful to work with and you will not be disappointed with the final product.” Andy Peters
Throughout the year we feature one of our product lines as a ‘special offer’.
Why not join our mailing list and receive an advance email about special offers etc?
It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s also unwise to pay too little.
When you pay too much you lose a little money that is all.
When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything,
because the thing you bought is incapable of doing the things you bought it to do.
The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. It can’t be done.
If you deal with the lowest bidder it’s well to add something for the risk you run
. …And if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better!
John Ruskin (1819-1900)
- To comply with present and relevant environmental legislation.
- To source eco friendly suppliers and use FSC(Forest Stewardship Council) suppliers as much as possible.
- To continually reduce the amount of waste going to landfill.
- To recycle all cardboard,wood and paper materials.
- To ensure wastage of materials is kept to a minimum where possible.
- To train all employees in sustainability,how to dispose of waste,be energy efficient and their responsibilities to the environment.
- To annually review our policy and make any necessary changes and set new targets.